Lately Zac has become what is called a Cuber. I had no idea such a thing existed, but apparently there are people who really get into solving Rubik's cubes (not just taking off the stickers and trying to make it look like it's been solved like some people do!) He can easily solve the standard 3x3 cube now. Just today we received the package I ordered that has a 2x2, 3x3. 4x4, and a 5x5. He has been working on figuring out the 4x4 and has managed to get one side already. I also ordered him a pyramid shaped one which is on it's way from China.
Zac loves anything creepy and crawly, be it bugs, lizards, spiders, ants etc. When he was really tiny he would call the ants that were always in our window sills in Memphis his "anty friends" and wouldn't let me kill them. He used to identify places by which creatures he found there..."remember that park where we saw the blue bellied lizard?" He literally gets a paper towel and helps spiders find a more appropriate home outside when I ask him to smash one for me. Lately we've had several crickets inside the house. I'm not afraid of crickets, but I also don't want to pick them up and I feel bad smashing them, so I call for Zac and he catches and relocates them for me.Last Christmas Uncle Dillon and Aunt Heather gave us a graphic novel by Nathan Hale called One Dead Spy (about the patriot Nathan Hale.) Zac loved it! He has read it several times through and when he realized there were more in the series we had to buy them too. He is literally reading our recent purchase of The Underground Abductor (about the underground railroad) right now. I like these books because they are very historically accurate, so he is learning while also reading a fun comic book. I think we own all of them now except the Donner Dinner Party, which he has read from the library.
Zac is a silly, goofy boy! He is always making funny faces and talking in silly voices. He loves to mimic radio commercials and do voice impersonations for people like Severus Snape. Occasionally he will pop out with some really random, hilarious and perfectly timed one liner. He also likes to change the lyrics to songs if he thinks the originals are offensive. For example, there's a song on the radio that says "When you see my face I hope it gives you hell." Zac likes to substitute the words "happy feelings" every time it says hell. Try it next time you hear that song on the radio! It comes out sounding pretty funny! Zac also loves to watch Studio C skits on Youtube and remembers all the lines.
As for a couple of things Zac hates. He absolutely hates to call people on the phone (I think he gets this from his mama!) He literally did not play with friends for a couple of months because I told him he had to start calling them himself if he wanted to hang out. I refused to budge and he finally did it, but it was gut wrenching the first several times. Now he will call them himself, but I can tell he still gets nervous. His best friends these days are Jackson Smith, Jackson Griffiths, Nathan Engar, and Pierce and Garrett Bryner. Zac also hates doing fractions! This has been the year of fraction frustration! I think he is getting it pretty well but we have spent countless hours at the kitchen table working on fractions!
Zac likes to play Playstation when mom and dad think he has earned some screen time, mostly just on weekends. His favorite game is FIFA14 (soccer) which isn't surprising since he loves everything soccer! He also likes to play Skylanders and Disney Infinity Marvel. One unrelated sidenote is that Zac has a tendency to pick a shirt he likes and wear it repeatedly for months at a time. The shirt he is wearing in most of these pictures was given to him for Christmas from his best friend Jackson Smith and is his latest favorite. If he's not wearing this shirt he is wearing one of his many soccer jerseys from previous seasons. We have also had the summer of the Transformer shirt and the year of the Monkey wearing a tie shirt, among others. I promise the shirt is usually clean, because I do a pretty good job of keeping up with the laundry! Zac's knees, on the other hand, generally have grass stains on them and I can't do much about that anymore!
We sure love Zac! He is so much fun to have around. He's smart, funny, athletic, and helpful too. He's a keeper for sure (haha! Soccer pun! See, he's got us all immersed in the soccer life!)







No comments:
Post a Comment