Lately the boys have had a couple of Cub Scout activities that I wanted to post about. Last month they had a pack meeting where Drake and Garrett earned their Bobcat Badges and Zac earned some activity badges (Aquanaut and Sportsman) as a Webelo. For the pack meeting the boys were supposed to decorate a cake to share with everyone for dessert. I thought it was only the Wolves who were asked to do it, so I only had Drake and Garrett make one. Just before the pack meeting I found out Zac was supposed to do one too but it was too late. Oh well! Garrett made a cute pine wood derby track with Twinkies for cars and miniature Oreos for the wheels. Drake made a Bulls-eye cake with M&M's and straw/feather arrows. Both cakes were really easy and the boys did all the decorating themselves which was nice for me! I think they turned out really great! Pinterest for the win (again!)
Then last weekend we made our annual trip down to Loa to make Pine Wood Derby cars. The Derby isn't for a few weeks, but since we have 3 boys who all needed a car we thought we should probably get a jump on it in case it took a lot of time. Somehow everything went smoothly and, between Tyson, Grandpa Bill, and the boys, we ended up getting all three cars done in one day. Each boy made their own unique design and worked hard to make the fastest car. I guess the day of the Derby will be a pretty competitive one for these boys!
And now for our Memorable Moment: Lately Zac has been doing certain things under the assumed name of Smokey Joe. I found this certificate he printed out for himself after finishing his spelling practice at home. I have no idea where the idea Smokey Joe came from but he uses it as his name when playing games like Life on the Ipad too. What a silly kid!











No comments:
Post a Comment