header picture

header picture

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Great to be 8!

Sunday was Drake and Garrett's 8th birthday! We had such a fun day and I think they were super happy with all their gifts! We gave them their stuff to start Cub Scouts (Shirt, book, badges etc.) and rollerblades. We went rollerblading this summer and had such a good time that they have been begging for their own skates ever since. I even let them check out skates on Amazon one day about a month ago. So after Drake tried out his skates he was asking me if I bought the $50 skates or the $99 skates because "they had the best reviews!" Oh, they are funny boys!



Bill and Susan gave them lawn games. Drake got the ladder golf game and Garrett got croquet. We put them together that day and played a few rounds right away. My parents sent them cards with money in them and they are so excited to go pick something out at the store!


Unbeknownst to me Lexi wrapped up some rocks for them. They weren't sure what to make of that! Then she gave them the real present which was her old Ipod and my old Ipod. It's a nice way to see if they will be responsible enough to have something like that without going all out the first time!



Drake really picked up on the skating thing right away! He didn't need any help to just get cruising up and down the street. Garrett needed a tiny bit of help but he picked it up really fast too. So far there haven't been any major spills so we'll just keep crossing our fingers!

Then we had cake and ice cream. I made a racetrack cake in the shape of a figure 8. Yeah, I did do the same one when Zac turned 8, but really I'm not creative enough to do something different every time! Sheesh!




Happy birthday to the two coolest 8 year olds ever!

No comments: