Drake and Garrett turned lucky #7 last Saturday (and I'm only a week behind on blogging about it!) We had a really great, really busy day to celebrate. First we went to soccer games all morning. Drake and Garrett's team won their game and Garrett even scored a couple of goals. Then we came home and immediately took Drake and Garrett to a friends birthday party at the bowling alley. While they were gone we had time to set up for their own birthday party. We had invited 12 kids thinking there would be some who wouldn't be able to come and we wanted to have enough to really celebrate. But it was our lucky day and ALL of the kids came! We had a very packed, very noisy house for a couple of hours but it was tons of fun!
We played 4 really fun Lego themed games. The first one you had to put a duplo lego under your chin and crawl across the room to drop it in a bucket. Once your teams legos were all in the bucket you had to work together to build a tower. The first team done won a treat.
Then we played Hot Potato Lego. Played just like real Hot Potato but you started out with a few Legos put together and you had to add a Lego before you could pass it on. If the music stopped while you still had it in your hand you were out. If you got out you apparently could be part of the dance party that the girls started to help pass the time until the next game! We also played a Lego scavenger hunt and a Lego toss game (similar to Skeeball.)
Then we went upstairs for cake and ice cream. Each boy got their own special Lego cake that I had worked on the night before. They don't look like much but my forearm was actually sore from all the time I spent frosting them!
I loved the idea I found on Pinterest to spray bubble wrap with green spray paint to make a Lego Base Plate runner for the table. I thought it turned out pretty cool though I'm sure the neighbors were wondering what in the world I was doing when I was out painting it!
Then we opened presents and OH MY were there a lot of presents! We could have opened our own toy store! The boys were very happy! After that the kids had about 20 minutes before their parents arrived to pick them up so we just had Lego free play time. Then we gave each kid a little goody bag filled with Lego candy. It looks like Legos but tastes a lot like smarties. It's so cute and the pieces actually stack together just like real Legos.
And if the party presents weren't enough they also got presents from grandparents and mom and dad. Grandpa Bill and Grandma Susan gave them some fun Lego sets which were a big hit. Grandma Debbie and Grandpa Gerry sent them money and it has been burning a hole in their pockets ever since. They are making grand plans about how they are going to spend it.
We gave them knee and elbow pads. They were very polite about it but weren't quite sure how to react. Once they realized that they came with their very own Ripstik they were very excited! They had been asking for a Ripstik and I kept telling them you had to be 8 to have a Ripstik (it says so right on the box!) They have been learning to ride on Zac and Dad's Ripstiks and are getting pretty good at it. Ripstiks are tricky at first but really cool once you get the hang of it (says the only person in the family who hasn't learned to ride one yet! I am going to try it soon though!) And they are a really great form of exercise. Maybe we can balance out putting together Lego sets with playing outside on the Ripstik!
So a BIG Happy Birthday to our incredible boys! These boys make us very happy and are so much fun. I can't imagine how different life would have been if they'd decided to come to our family one at a time!













No comments:
Post a Comment