header picture

header picture

Saturday, May 16, 2009

My latest project

I like to refinish old furniture and I recently acquired an old dresser that used to be Tyson's great grandma's. They don't make stuff like this anymore! It is so solid and heavy. It even has key holes which I thought was pretty cool. I picked the color Blue Steel because it matches the blue in Zack's new bedspread and curtains. I actually intended for the dresser to be pristine with no chips, scratches etc. but it insisted on looking like an antique no matter how hard I tried to make it look brand new. So I decided to just go with it and I sanded some edges and roughed it up a bit. I think it turned out pretty cool.

BEFORE




AFTER

1 comment:

Lily said...

Cool! I want to see the whole bedroom when you are done!