I know this is way too many pictures of our Christmas this year, but I could not seem to narrow it down to any less. The kids seemed to really enjoy Christmas and, once again, they got spoiled. Bill, Susan and Shay were also able to come visit again this year. It was a little different though because they stayed in a hotel and the kids got to go swimming on Christmas Eve at the hotel and then they had hot chocolate. The kids said we were having a "Texas Christmas" based on a Youtube video (or maybe a Vine?) that they like where the Texans go swimming and then grill ribs for Christmas dinner because it's so warm outside. We didn't have a white Christmas and it's been in the 50s and Tyson even grilled Chicken for Christmas Eve Dinner and then we had ribs for Christmas dinner. And I gave Tyson a Hot Sauce sampler gift pack which seems like something they might do in Texas. So I guess it really was a Texas Christmas! The kids were so cute opening their gifts and seemed to really like what they got.
We gave Bill and Susan a plush blanket with family pictures on it that I had made at Shutterfly. A few tears were shed so I think we pretty much nailed that gift.
Lexi got a rather random assortment of items (don't I say that every year?) She got bluetooth headphones, two books, a lamp that changes all sorts of colors, an exfoliating face brush, and subscription to a monthly makeup bag surprise box. They will send her 5 makeup items each month in a cute bag. This way she gets to try several things, even really good brands. I hope she likes it. I've been getting a similar box called FabFitFun that I look forward to because it's nice to get surprises sometimes. Oh, and Drake had her name for Christmas so he bought her a mermaid tail blanket. Look it up on Amazon. Apparently these are a real fad!
Drake got sweats and an Adidas sweatshirt, Snap Circuits Lights, the Lego set he was just dying to have (when he opened it he said something like " It the Ninjago water strider with 4 minifigures and 494 pieces for only $25! He sounded like the kid on The Christmas Story with his Red Rider BB gun with that thing that tells time and a compass in the stock.) He also got two books, some big lego base plates (he's really into Lego again lately.) and a cozy soft blanket from Garrett.
I had a harder time trying to figure out what to get Zac this year. He's growing up and I can't buy him little boy things anymore. So he got two video games that he really wanted (even though one of them swears a little and he was sure I wouldn't get it for him, but he has promised to play it with the Mute button on!) He also got sweats and a Chelsea FC official jersey, two books (the 3rd and 4th in the Magesterium series that he likes) socks and a shaving kit with body wash, deodorent etc. because he has started taking over the downstairs bathroom and I wanted him to have a way to organize all his stuff so it's not just all over the counter. Lexi gave him a hover soccer ball toy that you can play inside on the hardwood or tile surfaces. I'm not sure how well it works yet though.
Garrett also got headphones and the Snap Circuit Motion set. He got two books and sweats and a new Adidas sweatshirt. In his picture on the right side it shows his new Kendame (I gave one to each of the boys) which is a Japanese toy that you swing the ball on the string and try to catch it on certain parts of the stick. It's pretty challenging and kind of addicting. The boys have all been walking around the house playing with them constantly and are getting pretty good.
Bill, Susan, and Shay spoiled the kids up real good again this year. I try to tell them it's not a competition but they don't listen to me! They gave the kids each a $250 check (most of which will go into savings) and a ticket to see a play at the Hale Theater. They also gave Drake and Garrett the coolest Star Wars ship imaginable, The Kylo Ren one. They had it put together in no time at all. Shay gave the kids a Hover Board to share and they really love it! They have been hovering all over the place and only Drake has crashed and scraped up his back and hip a bit, but he didn't let that stop him from getting back on (once he could catch his breath again, that is!) In fact, as I type this he is spinning around in circles right behind me and probably driving the dog crazy!
I picked out several books that I wanted and some tupperware and a new planner. Then Tyson surprised me with a $50 Maurices gift card to go buy some new jeans. Shay gave me $40 to Amazon and Bill & Susan gave me a ticket to a Hale Theater play, some kitchen oven mitts, and a Teacher Ornament that's an apple on a globe stand that says "teachers change the world."
I gave Tyson two video games, a hot sauce sampler pack (kind of random, but it was one of those times when you see something when your walking down the aisles of the store and know just who needs one of those) His main present was a pair of Sorel winter boots that should keep his feet toasty warm for all those times when he goes out taking pictures on cold winter nights. I did quite a lot of research to make sure I got the best ones so I hope he really enjoys them. I was mad though because the company shipped them in a brown box but with the tape saying Shoes.com all over it, so it ruined the surprise. Seriously people, it's Christmas, you can't do that crap!
We spent the rest of the day eating, playing with toys and Bill and Tyson tried to fix my carpet shampooer and my oven, unfortunately without much success. They tried to convince me this was their version of putting together a new lego set on Christmas, but I think they were just being nice. Merry Christmas everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment