header picture

header picture

Thursday, March 16, 2017

A Weekend Visit

Last weekend we made a visit down to Loa to see Tyson's parents and to work on Drake and Garrett's last Pinewood Derby cars. That's right....it's our last time for this epic childhood milestone! The days are long but the years are short! They had a fun time making their cars with grandpa and they turned out really nice. I will post pictures of them after the actual derby which is in a couple of weeks. We also spent time driving and riding around in Grandma and Grandpa's new side by side. The kids were feeling pretty grown up to get to drive. Luckily there is a big empty field right by the house with lots of safe space to practice their driving skills. Lexi and Zac both spent some time riding the trials bikes. They started learning how to use them last time they visited and got more practice this trip, even learning how to shift in to higher gears. Zac was especially loving it! I think he might have a trials bike on his birthday wish list now! We also went out and shot Tyson's gun for a little while. He finally seems to have gotten it sighted in exactly the way he wants it and is a pretty excellent marksman. I forgot my new glasses, which I apparently must need, so I didn't do quite as well as I wish I had. It was a fun and relaxing weekend with lots of good company and good food.











No comments: